Press Release Forum [pressreleaseforum.com] Forum Index

Press Release Forum [pressreleaseforum.com]
Free Press Release Distribution

A site of EPR Network

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Real Time Press Release Distribution is here. Try it out, it's free!

JAXQuickfit Tyres franchisee Cameron McConville to Race

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Press Release Forum [pressreleaseforum.com] Forum Index -> Automotive Press Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saravanan2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: JAXQuickfit Tyres franchisee Cameron McConville to Race Reply with quote

JAXQuickfit Tyres franchisee, Cameron McConville will return to the V8 Supercar Championship Series at this weekend’s Sucrogen Townsville 400 driving for Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport.

Bella Vista NSW, July 07, 2010 -- JAXQuickfit Tyres franchisee, Cameron McConville will return to the V8 Supercar Championship Series at this weekend’s Sucrogen Townsville 400 driving for Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport.

The Moorabbin store owner will pilot the Gulf Western Oils/Autopro Holden at the event, which will feature JAXQuickfit signage.

McConville, who pulled back from fulltime V8 Supercar competition at the end of last season to operate his own JAXQuickfit Tyres store has a commitment with Walkinshaw Racing to compete in this season’s long-distance races at Phillip Island and Bathurst.

To ensure McConville was up for the challenge, he was scheduled to contest two rounds of the second-tier Fujitsu V8 Supercar Series, at Winton and Townsville.

His experience outclassed the competition and McConville dominated at Winton, impressing industry heavyweights, resulting in a call up for this week-ends race in Townsville.

“To be honest, I am pretty excited with the opportunity to race in the Main Game again,” Cameron McConville said.

“It is great for two reasons. It’s going to give me some good miles before the endurance races with the Toll-Holden Racing Team, but also it’s a good opportunity for the entire JAX family, a chance to see our brand in both the Championship and Development series, in the same weekend.”

Never one to shy away from a challenge, McConville keeps himself busy, competing at the top level of motorsport and maintaining the correct training regime that goes with it, whilst still putting in the long hours to oversee and manage his growing JAXQuickfit franchise.

“I am enjoying the venture into retail, it has been a lot of hard work and in the beginning it was a real juggling act to find the right balance and routine.”

“We opened the doors in November, while I was still racing fulltime, much earlier than I had planned and wanted, and at that time all my energy was going into setting up the business that my training suffered.”

“But the guys at JAX know their stuff, they have an excellent support network in place and the earlier opening allowed us to capitalise on the busy December and January period and really establish the business.”

“My training is now back on track and the business is going from strength to strength, with a record month in June and a growing loyal customer base.”

The late call-up will see McConville hand over the keys of his JAXQuickfit Tyres Commodore in the Fujitsu Series to fellow Holden Racing Team endurance driver and Porsche legend Craig Baird.

Craig Baird is highly regarded in motorsport circles and is the current New Zealand V8 Champion and current New Zealand Porsche GT3 Cup Champion.

Team Owner Lucas Dumbrell is pleased to have McConville joining his team for the event and is confident that the 36 year-old will bring some much needed experience to his squad.

“We have finished every race this year which is pleasing, but I am constantly learning what a race team needs – and that for us at this point in time is drivers with experience.”

In what is sure to be a busy weekend for the Moorabbin JAXQuickfit franchisee, a competition winner of JAXQuickfit Townsville will get the ride of a lifetime with the Holden driver around the Townsville Street Circuit.

The Sucrogen Townsville 400 begins next Friday, 9 July.

Australian-owned JAXQuickfit Tyres is unique in representing the top five global manufacturing giants of the tyre industry, including quality and high performance passenger car, light truck and four-wheel-drive tyre brands such as BF Goodrich, Bridgestone, Continental, Dunlop, Goodyear, Michelin and Pirelli Tyres.

This enables it to offer customers a mix of brands that span the premium, major and budget market sectors.

In 2009 JAXQuickfit celebrated its 60th year in business. Nationally, the network serves more than 42,000 customers per month through its approaching 80 stores along the eastern seaboard.

JAXQuickfit Tyres Moorabbin store is located at: 15 Taylor Street, Moorabbin. Phone 9532 2811.

Glyn Parry
JAXQuickfit Tyres
Suite B110, 20 Lexington Drive
Norwest Business Park
Bella Vista NSW 2153
+61 2 8801 3000
gparry@jaxquickfit.com.au
http://www.jaxquickfit.com.au/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Press Release Forum [pressreleaseforum.com] Forum Index -> Automotive Press Releases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: