Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:07 pm Post subject: Drivers Ending The Working Week With A Bang
Drivers Ending The Working Week With A Bang
Released on: August 24, 2012, 2:45 pm
August 24, 2012, 2:45 pm -- /EPR NETWORK/ -- With research from NRMA Insurance showing Friday is the worst day of the week for a collision, the insurer is calling for drivers to stay alert at the wheel especially as they head into the weekend*.
The insurer's data showed that collisions on a Friday spiked by 17 per cent above the weekly average and Sunday is the least likely day to have a collision. The peak hour times of 3pm to 5pm during the week are the worst time for a collision and 11am to 1pm on the weekend.
NRMA Insurance spokesperson Damien Butler said the data was a timely reminder to drivers to focus on the road while they're at the wheel particularly on a Friday and during peak hour traffic.
"People may be starting to unwind for the weekend and be distracted on a Friday, which contributes to them being at higher risk of a collision.
"In the afternoon, drivers may be rushing home from work, hurrying to collect their kids from school or heading away for the weekend and not taking extra care while driving.
"We want to urge drivers to focus on the road, be aware of traffic conditions and to stay calm while driving to help prevent the worst happening," Mr Butler said.
In the event of a collision, NRMA Car Insurance recommends drivers:
- Stop immediately and give assistance to anyone who is injured;
- Call an ambulance if required;
- Call the police if a person has been injured, the other party fails to stop and/or supply details, a vehicle has to be towed, a driver appears under the influence of drugs or alcohol or there is damage to property;
- Exchange details, including date, time and location, name and residential address of the person involved and the owner of the vehicle, licence and registration details, make and model of the cars involved and insurance details;
- Collect the details of any witnesses and police in attendance; and
- Contact your insurer.
* Based on NRMA Insurance comprehensive motor claims data for the 2011 calendar year.
NRMA Insurance offers a range of products including comprehensive motor insurance, home and contents insurance, CTP Greenslips, home security, lifestyle and travel insurance
and business insurance. NRMA Insurance manage the insurance needs of millions of
customers throughout Australia.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum