Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:21 am Post subject: PDF to PPTX, PDF/A, TIFF Conversions inside .NET Apps
What's New in this Release?
Aspose team is pleased to announce the release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.7.0. This release provides better inter file format conversion. In this release, It has specifically focused on the improvement of PDF to PDF/A conversion, PDF to TIFF, PDF to PPTX, Form fields flattening, Text replacement and much more. This release majorly contains fixes related to inter file format conversion as some of the customers encountered incorrect characters rendering when performing PDF to HTML or Image conversion. Aspose.Pdf is capable of handling various PDF file formats but there have been some cases where PDF files with certain complexity and structure encountered errors while flattening form fields inside them. Most of the errors have been related to form fields calculations but in this new release, the API has been improved to cater all such scenarios. Aspose.Pdf for .NET is quite robust when rendering Image elements or Stamp objects but recently in some particular scenarios, the Alignment of Stamp objects encountered some issues. However it has made great improvements in image and stamp rendering algorithms and reported issues have been resolved. Furthermore, the PDF to PPTX conversion is one of the salient features and in this new release, we have made significant improvements related to font rendering, performance, notes rendering, and text alignment while generating resultant PPTX file. Apart from above mentioned improvements, there also have been some miscellaneous fixes which make this new release more stable and workable as compared to earlier release versions. The list of important new and improved features are given below
• Text with rotation angle 90 gets reversed in cell when we change column width of table according to text height Bug
• PDF to PDFA - Output is unreadable
• Incorrect characters when saving to image or HTML
• Table.GetHeight method keeps running while generating a new PDF
• Flatten Calculated Fields lost their formatting
• Flatten Calculated Fields displays 0
• Compliance problems with PDF/A_3U after conversion, "CIDset" error
• Compliance problems with PDF/A_3U after conversion, "CIDset" and "Text cannot be mapped to Unicode"
• System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException - when trying to work with text in the document by TextFragmentAbsorber or TextAbsorber
• Hindi text replacement results into incorrect text
• TIFF to PDF - Some Section are dropped in resultant PDF
• Image Alignment is not being honored
• HorizontalAlignment for Image is not having any effect
• Text stamp is not aligned properly
• Text replacement does not keep text style formatting
• Underline Property of TextFragment not taking on color of Text
• PDF to TIFF: conversion taking long time
• PDF to TIFF loses fonts
• To get table height of an table in a existing PDF
• PDF to PPTX - Side notes are missing
• PDF to PPTX: words shifted to a new line
• PDF to PPTX - Tabular data alignment issues
• After flattenAllFields() method is used, an output file converts 60% to 0.6%
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Pdf for .NET documentation that may guide users briefly how to use Aspose.Pdf for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Pdf is a .Net Pdf component for the creation and manipulation of Pdf documents without using Adobe Acrobat. Create PDF by API, XML templates & XSL-FO files. It supports form field creation, PDF compression options, table creation & manipulation, graph objects, extensive hyperlink functionality, extended security controls, custom font handling, add or remove bookmarks; TOC; attachments & annotations; import or export PDF form data and many more. Also convert HTML, XSL-FO and MS WORD to PDF.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum