Press Release Forum [pressreleaseforum.com] Forum Index

Press Release Forum [pressreleaseforum.com]
Free Press Release Distribution

A site of EPR Network

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Real Time Press Release Distribution is here. Try it out, it's free!

Quickfits Cameron McConville Sucessful in Winton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Press Release Forum [pressreleaseforum.com] Forum Index -> Automotive Press Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perumal

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Quickfits Cameron McConville Sucessful in Winton Reply with quote

JAXQuickfit Moorabbin store owner Cameron McConville made a very successful return to V8 Supercar competition on the weekend, winning round 3 of the Fujitsu series at Winton (Victoria).

Bella Vista, NSW, May 18, 2010 -- JAXQuickfit Moorabbin store owner Cameron McConville made a very successful return to V8 Supercar competition on the weekend, winning round 3 of the Fujitsu series at Winton (Victoria).

What's more, McConville's Walkinshaw Racing prepared Holden Commodore carried the colours of JAXQuickfit to two wins and a second in the three Fujitsu races, an impressive performance in his return to V8 Supercar competition.

McConville, who has retired from full time racing to concentrate on his new Moorabbin JAXQuickfit franchise at the end of last year, stepped back into the fray at Winton to give himself extra racing laps ahead of his co-driving role with Walkinshaw Racing in this season's endurance events at Phillip Island, Bathurst and on the Gold Coast.

“I came here not planning to win; I had no pre-conceived ideas of where we were going to finish, the plan was to come up, do some miles, keep the nose clean and get back into the groove," Cam explained.

“After I got in to Garth Tander’s car at Queensland Raceway, I thought ‘have I done this ever before?’ I felt like a complete duck out of water, so it went from there really. It was my doing; I just felt I was a bit rusty and a bit out of sync with racing.

“You can test until the cows come home but there’s only one or two test days left until the enduros and it’s just nice to get out there on a good tyre, get into qualifying trim and get into the heat of the battle of race starts.

“I felt really comfortable out there. It’s a track that I’ve done a million miles at. The car was realistically as good as any VE I’ve driven around here and it made the job a lot easier.”

McConville also plans to do the Townsville round of the Fujitsu V8 Supercar Series on 9-11 July to get further miles.

Glyn Parry
JAXQuickfit
Suite B110, 20 Lexington Drive
Norwest Business Park
Bella Vista, NSW 2153
+61 2 8801 3000
gparry@jaxquickfit.com.au
http://www.jaxquickfit.com.au/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Press Release Forum [pressreleaseforum.com] Forum Index -> Automotive Press Releases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: