Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:38 am Post subject: CDL Repeats Green IT Awards Success
CDL Repeats Green IT Awards Success
Released on: July 06, 2011, 7:08 pm
Author: Computer Disposals Ltd
Leading IT disposal company CDL has triumphed for the second year in a row at the Green IT Awards, winning Recycling Project Of The Year in recognition of a highly successful strategy devised for The Co-operative Travel.
CDL helped to refresh 1,900 systems for the travel industry giant by devising an effective scheme to collect old computer equipment and deliver new hardware, by visiting multiple sites in close proximity on a daily rota. CDL’s security-cleared drivers and vehicular satellite tracking ensured that data security was not compromised.
The ingenious project not only produced fantastic results for The Co-operative Travel, but also succeeded in attaining CDL’s environmental objectives.
The delivery and collection schedule created by CDL reduced the projected timescale of the overhaul by six weeks and cut anticipated fuel use by an enormous 500 per cent (approximately), slashing both the expected cost and carbon dioxide emissions.
CDL Director Jean-Pierre Naylor said: “We are thrilled to be honoured by the Green IT Awards for a second year and proud of our achievements with regard to this project.
“As well as making huge savings in fuel and pollution, we were able to refurbish and reuse 100 per cent of equipment collected from The Co-operative Travel – and we also reused all packaging. We were so pleased with the outcome that we have implemented the project’s principles in our daily business practices, which also include printer recycling.”
Demonstrating the kind of innovative thinking that has led the company to awards success, CDL also used the opportunity to experiment with cutting motorway speeds by 5 per cent, which resulted in a fuel saving of 12 per cent.
Computer Disposals Ltd is one of the UK’s leading IT recycling companies, processing over 2,000,000kg of WEEE (waste: electrical and electronic equipment) every year. This is good both for business and for the environment; and the company aims to refurbish and remarket 70 per cent of all products and recycle the other 30 per cent. The company also promotes car sharing among employees and organises its vehicle fleet to maximise the potential of drivers living close to each other.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum