Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:22 pm Post subject: Green Schools App From The Co-operative Gains Five Star Feed
Green Schools App From The Co-operative Gains Five Star Feedback
Released on: December 16, 2011, 1:44 pm
Author: The Co-operative Group
The Co-operative Group’s revolutionary Green Schools app has made a strong start in Apple’s iTunes store since it was launched one week ago (Friday 9).
The game, which is compatible with the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, encourages kids, teens and adults to learn about green issues while battling to complete a number of different challenges and levels. The Green Schools app, which is available to download for free from iTunes, has already gained 27 ratings and has a current ranking of five stars out of five (correct at time of writing).
Feedback left by one gamer read: “Great game. Loads of fun. The kids are beating me!!!”
‘McrGiant’ wrote: “Love this app – nice game play and I can see it will be a great game for parents to get their kids to play AND learn stuff too. Well done.”
Others described the app as “fast & fun”, “fab green fun!” and “great educational app”.
So far the free app, which was launched as part of The Co-operative’s Green Schools Revolution has been downloaded 300 times and The Co-operative Group is really pleased with how well it is being received.
Melanie Phillips, who heads up Green Schools Revolution for The Co-operative Group, said: “We are really proud of the Green Schools app and it’s really nice to see that people love the game and are recommending it to their friends.
“When creating the design brief for this app we wanted to make sure that the games were primarily fun but that they also had a green twist, and we think this balance has been achieved really successfully.”
For those who want to download the free Green Schools Revolution game, it can be found on the App Store by searching ‘Green Schools’.
Notes to editors:
1. The app is available to download free from the iTunes store by searching ‘Green Schools’.
2. Green Schools Revolution is a comprehensive learning resource prepared by education specialists and available to all UK primary and secondary schools for free.
3. Over 3,500 primary and secondary schools across the country are registered for Green Schools Revolution.
4. Registered schools have access to a range of free cross-curricular classroom resources and activities through www.greenschools.coop, giving young people and teachers the tools to inspire change in their schools, homes and local communities.
5. The Co-operative is offering schools free fun and educational visits to its own wind farm to see renewable energy in action and to seven Co-operative Farms to see first hand how food grows and how to cook it. Schools will be able to take advantage of free high visibility jackets to help set up “walking buses”, helping them take practical action to cut their carbon emissions.
6. The Co-operative’s Ethical Plan has 47 distinct targets, among them a cultural shift in youth perception and opportunities for young people through Green Schools Revolution, an Apprenticeship Academy and the creation of 200 Co-operative Schools by 2013.
7. As Britain’s largest farmer over 50,000 children have visited one of our 15 Co-operative Farms, gaining hands-on experience about where their food comes from.
8. The Co-operative Group is the UK’s largest mutual business, owned not by private shareholders but by over six million consumers. It is the UK’s fifth biggest food retailer, the leading convenience store operator and a major financial services provider, operating The Co-operative Bank, Britannia and The Co-operative Insurance.
Among its other businesses are the number one funeral services provider and Britain’s largest farming operation. As well as having clear financial and operational objectives, the Group has also set out its social and sustainability goals in its groundbreaking Ethical Plan, which specifies almost 50 commitments in these areas. The Group operates 4,800 retail trading outlets, employs more than 106,000 people and has an annual turnover of more than £13bn. Further information is available at www.co-operative.coop
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum